Source: Our County and Its People
Source type: book
Document type: article
Document title: “[Fronczak, Francis E.]”
Editor(s): White, Truman C.
Volume number: 2
Publisher: Boston History Company
Place of publication: none given
Year of publication: 1898
Pagination: 439-40 (part III)
|“[Fronczak, Francis E.].” Our County and Its People. Ed. Truman C. White. Vol. 2. [n.p.]: Boston History, 1898: part III, pp. 439-40.|
|Francis E. Fronczak.|
|Conrad Diehl; Adelbert Fronczak; Francis E. Fronczak; Victoria Jaworska Fronczak; Peter W. Van Peyma.|
|From title page: Our County and Its People: A Descriptive Work on Erie County, New York.|
[Fronczak, Francis E.]
Fronczak, Francis E., A. M., M. D., etc., Buffalo, only son of Adelbert and Victoria (Jaworska) Fronczak, was born in Buffalo, N. Y., September 20, 1874. His father took an active part in the Polish insurrections of 1840 and 1863 and during the latter year was an officer; he was obliged to leave the country on account of these troubles and come to America, and about 1870 he settled in Buffalo, where he has since resided. Francis E. Fronczak was graduated from St. Stanislaus parochial school in 1887, took an academic course at Canisius College and in 1894 was graduated from the latter institution with the degree of A. B. He then entered the  medical department of the University of Buffalo, from which he was graduated with honors as M. D. in 1897. Meantime he took a post-graduate course at Canisius College, receiving the degree of A. M. in 1895. In 1896 he also received the honors of Polish literature from the Polish League of Chicago. He was connected for a long time with the Buffalo Courier and at present is on the special staff of the Express, and Polish papers of Buffalo, and several out of town and European magazines and newspapers. Since his graduation Dr. Fronczak has successfully followed his profession in his native city. He was the first Polish graduate of the Buffalo Medical College and is a member of the Erie County Medical Society, attending physician to the Felician Sisters Hospital, the Polish Orphan Asylum and the Home for Old and Disabled at Cheektowaga. He is also medical examiner for the Buffalo branches of the Polish Union of North America, Polish Roman Catholic Union of America and other Polish institutions. In politics he is a Democrat, as is also his father. On January 12, 1898, he was appointed member of the Civil Service Commission by Mayor Conrad Diehl, to succeed Dr. P. W. Van Peyma, who succeeded the mayor as a member of the Board of School Examiners.